As a leading agency in Health and Social Care provider, the Amore Group are recruiting support workers to support individuals with Autism and learning disabilities in supporting living and residential environments to help each service user overcome the difficulties autism presents them with, enabling them to lead meaningful and fulfilling lives.
Area's of work covered in Wirral, Bromborough,Little Sutton, Birkenhead, Moreton, Pensby, Bebington,Upton, Wallasey, Ellesmereport, New ferry.
It is not just about qualifications or experience, we do appreciate both, but we want people who believe they can make a difference to the lives of others. The kind of person you are and the values you bring are what matter to us.
Are you needing hours to fit around yourself and other commitments that you may have? If so, we can offer you the flexibility you require.
Considering a career change? Seeking something more permanent? Amore Group offer a temp to perm scheme where you will be given the opportunity of securing a full-time position on completion of a 10-week rota.
Requirements and responsibilities of the position:
- An understanding of autism and complex needs, and an appreciation for the additional support that is required
- A flexible approach to work hours and shift patterns.
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Accompanying service users to leisure activities and outings
- Attending to the personal care of service users such as toileting (washing/bathing if required)
- Administering medication as and when required (full training provided)
- Maintaining the standard of living within the house – ensuring it is clean and tidy and encouraging the service user to participate in cleaning and tidying activities
- Supporting service users through times when they are feeling anxious and may result in them displaying challenging behaviours.
Why are we the right choice for you?
· We embrace the diversity of our clients; no two circumstances are the same and therefore you can fulfil a normal of roles in a range of different adult and child services.
· We want you to feel safe and confident in your role, so we offer a free comprehensive training package which includes high level MAPA training.
· Tired of a long recruitment process? We aim to turnaround our recruitment process from the initial interview to completing compliance checks within two weeks so you can start straight away.
· We pay competitive rates and on a weekly basis.
· Take advantage of our referral scheme and earn £100 for every friend (or £250 for every nurse) that you recommend who completes 100 hours with us – refer 10 friends and earn £1000!
Here at the Amore Group we recognise that the strength of our service is determined by the skills and knowledge of our staff. Therefore, we heavily invest in providing our team with a comprehensive training package. The successful candidate will be required to attend 3 full days of training which covers mandatory, MAPA and administering medication (including Buccal Midazolam).
It is preferable, though not essential, for applicants to have a full UK driving licence and a transferable DBS. For non-drivers, we ask that the applicant is willing to travel and comfortable with using public transport.
Candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to satisfactory references.
In these uncertain times, the Amore Group will carry out interviews following the most recent and up to date government guidelines.
If you are interested in applying for this position or have any queries you would like to discuss regarding this exciting new opportunity, then please contact Kayleigh directly on 01244566040