Become a Team Leader
The Team Leader is one of the most senior roles in a Health and Social Care setting. They are also responsible for providing leadership, planning, organisation, and supervision to ensure effective day-to-day running of teams. They take responsibility for the quality of care and well-being of all those who live or use the service. This includes taking responsibility for the planning, co-ordination, and supervision of workers in care settings. It is also important that team leaders can support others in their team, including supporting colleagues with more junior roles. They ensure that the service complies with legal requirements, workers are trained to a standard that meets, if not exceeds, the needs of the service user.
The Job Role
- Provide specific technical instruction and guidance on tasks related to leading, supervising, training, and motivating team members.
- Ensure that team members operate efficiently and effectively by providing direction, training, and evaluations.
- Support the team in achieving personal, professional, and organisational goals.
- Monitor and document all team activities.
- Arrange work schedules, manage workflow, and oversee scheduling.
- Oversee day-to-day activities and communication.
Skills & Experience
- NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care or equivalent.
- 1 years prior supervisory experience.
- Outstanding leadership qualities and a proven ability to motivate, train, and develop others.
- Good organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.